Tuesday 20 August 2013

Darling Diva Polish - Prince Collection Swatches & Review

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Today I have 8 beautiful Prince inspired polishes (and I'm not talking fairy tales or royalty honey!) by Darling Diva Polish to share with you. I was flipping out when I heard about Carrie releasing this collection because... Each polish has purple somehow incorporated in it!!! WOOOOO!
First up is When Doves Cry which consists of white glass flecks and a soft linear holo in a pale grey base. This polish first caught my eye because it's so subtle, yet beautiful. My swatches are 2 coats worn alone.
Next is Purple Rain which is a beautiful purple holographic polish. My swatches are 2 coats worn alone

Here we have 1999 which is a glitter topper that consists of black, silver, and metallic purple circle glitters and black bar glitters in a clear base. My swatches are 1 coat of 1999 worn over 2 coats of Purple Rain.

This here is Get Off which is like the lighter version of Purple Rain, with shimmer and tiny glitters. My swatches are 2 coats worn alone.

Next in line is Darling Nikki which consists of blue, purple, and silver micro glitters, and 2 sizes of black circle glitter in a purple crelly base. My swatches are 3 coats worn alone, but I would recommend layering.

Then we have D.M.S.R (Dance Music Sex Romance) which consists of different sizes and shades of purple glitters in a white crelly base. I've seen everything from flowers, hearts, and even butterflies found in this polish!  My swatches are 2 coats worn alone.

This is Erotic City which consists of purple and blue iridescent glitters, and tiny holographic glitters in a dark purple jelly base. My swatches are 3 coats worn alone, but I would recommend wearing it over a similar color. 
Lastly we have Little Red Corvette which consists of different sizes of red holographic glitters in a tinted base. My swatches are 1 coat of Little Red Corvette worn over 2 coats of Cranberry Splash by China Glaze, but it can be worn alone in 2 coats. Carrie highly recommends top coat with this polish, and I highly agree even though I did not use any in my swatches. Top coat will bring out the ultimate shine of this polish that truly makes it POP! 
Obviously I'm completely head over heels for the entire collection, for 3 reasons:
1) It's Darling Diva Polish
2) There's purple everywhere (YIPPEEEE!!)
3) And I love the variety of finishes in the collection
In this collection there are everything from jellies, holos, cremes, and even glitterbombs which is a lot of variety for a collection, much less an 8 piece collection. Everything applied with ease and dried fairly quickly. These polishes are all shiny on their own, so I can only imagine that top coat would only make it better.  As for my favorites out of the bunch, they've changed so much based on different things that I chose them all :D!
Darling Diva Polishes costs between $9-$14 and can be purchased from her etsy shop found here.You may also purchase her polishes from Llarowe, Mei Mei's Signatures, Norway Nails, Le Doux Nuage, and Edgy Polish. Don't forget to check out her Facebook fanpage found here also for sneak peeks, updates, and deals!

Peace & Love,
--TPJ<3 

*Some products sent for my honest review*

1 comment:

  1. These look fantastic, and your photos are amazing! I'm waiting for my Darling Diva Polishes to arrive, so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete