Friday 9 August 2013

Guest of the Day: Go Polish Yourself - Trees if You Please


Hi, in case you are new to my blog, let me introduce myself!
I go by Rikya, but my real name is Ashley. My blog is Go Polish Yourself.
(My blog link and my Facebook page for my blog link will be at the bottom of the post)

This is my first guest post ever, so I do hope I do well at it and I hope you who are new to my blog keep reading it :)
So let's get on with it!
I thought it would be fun to make a sort of cover picture for my post, so this post is entitled
"Trees If You Please!"



I want to start off by showing you what I used in this tutorial of how I made my nails into autumn trees.
I used Bagettes.
(basically little plastic bags, the reason for these will be evident later on :) )



I also used a selection of polishes.
From the left, we have:
L.A. Colors Art Deco~ Black Sparkles
Essie~ Meet Me at Sunset?
Sinful Colors~ Unicorn
Nailtiques~ Vegas
Wet n Wild Wild Shine~ French White Creme




I am going to start off this post by saying I am not exactly the best of artists, so my "art" is mostly effort based.
That being said, I started off by taking one of the bagette bags...







Taking some clear polish and painting a rectangular area on the bag and letting it dry.
 




Once the area was dry, I put three lines on the clear polish...
  

Then I finished the (naked) tree by adding branches.



Finally comes the tricky part...
Paint a nail white and whilst still wet...
 

peel the clear polish back with the trees on it, cut to your desired shape and size...



and then decorate!! I decorated using drops of all the colors I listed above.
 

I just wanted to show you a final picture. It's a closer up picture of my thumb, which was my favorite of my nails. :)




Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this post!

Until next time,
Peace, 
Rikya

P.S. as I said above, my blog links are right here:
Blog: www.GoPolishYourself.blogspot.com

Thanks Ashley for the lovely tutorial! 

Peace & Love, 
--TPJ<3  

2 comments:

  1. this is such a lovely post! will deffo be trying this nail look! thanks!

    x x x x x
    http://beau-tify.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this technique! Thanks for the step by step :D

    ReplyDelete